Centre County Judicial System Corruption
VOLUME 1 – September 2016 to June 2017
- 12.16.16 Bailiwick News – Part 1: 2017 District Attorney race highlights prosecutor accountability to voters, jurors and defendants.
- 1.6.17 Bailiwick News – Part 2: Digging into the original criminal allegations made against District Attorney Stacy Parks Miller.
- 1.20.17 Bailiwick News – Part 3: Centre County court texting controversy and the PA Right to Know Law.
- 2.5.17 Bailiwick News – Part 4: Are the prosecutor-judge texts tuna casserole recipes and cat pictures? Late January filings to block independent review suggest the answer: No.
- 4.21.17 Bailiwick News – Part 5: Weighing competing values: government secrecy, individual privacy and public accountability.
- 5.8.17 Bailiwick News – Part 6A: Timothy Piazza, Beta Theta Pi fraternity, Penn State Inter-fraterning Council, Pennsylvania investigating grand juries and the Centre County court credibility crisis.
- 5.13.17 Bailiwick News – Part 6B: Critical analysis: Piazza’s death, the Centre County court credibility crisis, Beta Theta Pi fraternity, corporate Penn State profiteering, and possibilities for change.
- Centre County DA Series – Compiled 1-6B
VOLUME 2 – October 2017 to December 2018
- 4.19.18 Bailiwick News – Catching up with former District Attorney Stacy Parks Miller and her lingering impact on the Centre County justice system
- 4.20.18 Bailiwick News – PA Supreme Court Office of Disciplinary Counsel, Petition for Discipline regarding former Centre County District Attorney Stacy Parks Miller
- 7.10.18 Bailiwick News – Beta Theta Pi prosecutions and Tim’s Law: dilemmas in balancing individual liberty with public safety (‘Due Process and Alcohol Abuse in Centre County’ Series Part 1)
- 8.8.18 Bailiwick News – Summer 2017 Beta Theta Pi Preliminary Hearing (Part 2)
- 9.5.18 Bailiwick News – Pro se Motion to Intervene, Motion for Access to Judicial Record and Memorandum of Law (Part 3)
- 9.19.18 Bailiwick News – Correcting false narrative of Beta Theta Pi events (Part 4)
Regional Water and Farmland Threats and Protection Campaigns
VOLUME 1 – September 2016 to June 2017
- 9.9.16 Bailiwick News – Part 1: Court ruling against Ferguson Township student housing development impacts regional planning.
- 9.16.16 Bailiwick News – Part 2: Some municipal legislators reluctant to continue investing taxpayer funds in Whitehall Road Regional Park development.
- 9.30.16 Bailiwick News – Part 3: Municipal leaders quietly wrestling with Whitehall Road Regional Park planning.
- 10.7.16 Bailiwick News – Local governments need to strengthen and enforce water protections. (Standalone piece)
- 10.21.16 Bailiwick News – Part 4: Public debate on land development and water protection in Slab Cabin Run watershed continues.
- 11.4.16 Bailiwick News – Regional planning and municipal zoning as they relate to water, sewer, land use, housing development and population growth. (Standalone piece)
- 12.2.16 Bailiwick News – Part 5: Continuing public discussion of water protection and land development tensions.
- 12.23.16 Bailiwick News – Part 6: Water and farmland protection update.
- 3.1.17 Bailiwick News – Part 7: Whitehall Road Regional Park as a case-study revealing fault lines in regional governing structures.
- 3.9.17 Bailiwick News – Part 8: Whitehall Road Regional Park planning and financing as a case study in regional governance.
- 3.24.17 Bailiwick News – Part 9: Non-overlapping Venn diagram circles: design and funding discussions for Whitehall Road Regional Park.
- 6.6.17 Bailiwick News – Part 10A: The battle for the Slab Cabin Run watershed and the ecological and political future of the Centre Region community.
- 6.13.17 Bailiwick News – Part 10B: The battle for the Slab Cabin Run watershed and the political and ecological future of the Centre Region.
- Slab Cabin Run Series – Compiled
VOLUME 2 – October 2017 – December 2018
- 10.10.17 Bailiwick News – A Tale of Two Penn States: continued coverage of Slab Cabin Run campaign (1999 – 2017 background/recap and June 2017 occupation reporting)
- 12.19.17 Bailiwick News – Nittany Valley Environmental Coalition incorporating, preparing Constitutional challenge to Penn State’s tax exemptions.
- 2.10.18 Bailiwick News – Reader Editorial: An unflinching look at Penn State’s ugly environmental leadership failures.
- 2.23.18 Bailiwick News – Economic v. environmental impact: an agonizing neighbor-against-neighbor choice that Centre County citizens should move beyond, into win-win.
- 3.1.18 Bailiwick News – Upcoming meetings and citizen statements on Nestle proposal.
- 3.15.18 Bailiwick News – Costello-Boeckel exchange explores need to plan for land development’s cumulative impacts
- 3.18.18 Bailiwick News – Centre County Infrastructure Security and Public Water: Campaign Updates
- 3.27.18 Bailiwick News (Morning Edition) – Transcription of Term Sheet between STWA and NWNA, adopted by STWA Feb. 28, 2018
- 3.27.18 Bailiwick News (Evening Edition) – Contract for the People v. Contract on the People – Alternative Term Sheet Proposal
- 4.7.18 Bailiwick News – David Roberts Rebuttal to Dan Hawbaker Advertisement
- 4.8.18 Bailiwick News – Liability for water contamination: Who will pay?
- 5.1.18 Bailiwick News – April 19, 2018 SCBWA meeting, transcript excerpts
- 5.7.18 Bailiwick News – State College Borough Water Authority preparing to vote on Toll Brothers April 2018 application for easement to construct sewage pipeline across SCBWA-owned, deed-restricted land.
- 5.21.18 Bailiwick News – SCBWA May 17 easement vote, UAJA financial/legal liability for public water contamination, and the power to make things better.
- 6.29.18 Bailiwick News – Spring Creek Watershed Action Plan Updates
- 7.15.18 Bailiwick News – Nittany Valley Environmental Coalition July 9, 2018 Memorandum to Centre Region Parks and Recreation Authority Board regarding Whitehall Road Regional Park Design Considerations
- 9.23.16 Bailiwick News – Tensions about cutting services, raising taxes, or both, likely to rise during 2017 budget cycle.
- 12.9.16 Bailiwick News – Municipal finance can-kickers running out of road.
- 9.2.16 Bailiwick New – Governing board of Friends & Farmers Co-op facing key decisions at October annual meeting.
- 1.13.17 Bailiwick News – Miscellaneous updates